Online Casino Sites New Zealand 2021
If you want to find the best online casinos in New Zealand, then you are in the right place! We are your trusted companion through the exciting world of online gambling. Find everything a player needs to know on this online casino portal. Learn now which are the best online casinos and what conditions may be met for us to rank new online casinos best. Take advantage of every round you play - we'll show you how it works!
- How the best Online Casino is determined
- Games & Software: The offer diversity
- Bonus offer: Take advantage of extra funds
- Live casino: Feel a true casino experience
- Mobile casino: Play casino games everywhere
- Limits & payout percentages: How much you can expect to get
- Payment methods: Safety is essential
- Customer service: Resolve any issues promptly
- That's How our Online Casino Test is done
- Online Casino: Frequently Asked & Answered
- What are the different Casino Games in an Online Casino?
- What are the Payout Rates for typical Casino Games?
- Which Pokies have the best Payout Rates (RTP)?
- What are the different Casino Bonus types out there?
- Should I use a Sign Up Bonus?
- How do Online Live Casinos work?
- What are the Games an Online Live Casino offers?
- What is the Legal Gambling Age in New Zealand?
- Do I have to pay Taxes in NZ on my Gambling Winnings?
- What licenses for Online Casinos are the most trusted ones?
- What Payment Methods can I use in Online Casinos?
- Does it cost to Deposit or Withdraw Money from Online Casinos?
- Should I register at more than one Online Casino?
- What are the Pros of Online Casinos over Land-based Casinos?
- What Online Casino Strategies should I use to lose less money?
How the best Online Casino is determined
When determining the best online casino NZ, we don't look just at their bonus offer and the range of games on offer. There is a number of important criteria that we evaluate, and we share them with you so that you can find the casino that suits you the best.
Games & Software: The offer diversity
Players can find a very similar range of options when dipping into the online casino's game types offer. However, when taking a deeper look, you will find some differences. When assessing the casino's game offer, we also check what game developers they work with. Also, in our casino reviews, you can see what well-known games, such as Mega Moolah, you can find in a respective online casino.
Bonus offer: Take advantage of extra funds
Nowadays, many casinos tend to attract new players with generous bonus offers. Some of them can be very impressive and go up to thousands of dollars. However, can you actually count on that money? We dip into all specifics of the bonus offer conditions that many players overlook. What makes the bonus attractive, except for the juicy figures? Most importantly, wagering requirements should be realistic, and you shouldn't face any surprises.
Live casino: Feel a true casino experience
Technology improvements brought a live casino action to every player. You don't need to worry about a dress code and going to the brick-and-mortar venue. Nevertheless, you can enjoy the live dealer action from your desktop or mobile device, and game providers recognized the importance of live casino games for players.
Mobile casino: Play casino games everywhere
Until a couple of years ago, it seemed impossible to spin reels while traveling to the office. Meanwhile, smartphones became much more powerful, and a range of games has been ported to smaller screen resolutions. Best online casinos developed top-notch casino apps so that players can enjoy casino games on the go.
Limits & payout percentages: How much you can expect to get
Another important criterion in the online casino evaluation is the average RTP. Of course, it depends on the games on offer, but a high value is always a good indicator. We also pay special attention to the limits and their differences, as they can be pretty large between the tables. A good online casino should treat low and high stake rollers equally.
Payment methods: Safety is essential
Best online casinos New Zealand should provide safe and secure payment methods to their customers. Players should have various payment methods at their disposal, including both the traditional and the modern ones. For example, a good online casino shouldn't miss e-wallets. Some of them went the extra mile to include cryptocurrency payments, such as bitcoins. However, bank transfers and credit cards are still widely used by casino players.
Customer service: Resolve any issues promptly
We also test the quality of the casino's customer service to cover all areas of our assessment. Best casino needs to implement different contact methods and promptly answer any inquiries. The fastest way to get answers is by using the live chat service or hotline. Of course, it's not about the response time, but also about the competency of the customer service employees.
|Field||Operator||Result||Rating||Total offer Review|
That's How our Online Casino Test is done
You saw the overview of our testing process. But how it works in more detail? We bring you some more information about the online casino assessment below.
- Admission Criteria: It might seem obvious, but admission criteria are among the basics in our tests. A player should be able to register only after reaching the age of majority.
- Registration Process & Deposit: This step addresses the registration process and how quickly it can be completed. We also take into consideration some tweaks, like whether you need to confirm an email or not.
- Games Test: Our online casino reviews deal with a range of games as we test them based on the categories and software providers.
- Live Casino & In-Game Chat tested: Live casino is the specific area of every online casino, and you can feel a unique atmosphere. Our tests address how dealers interact with players and if everything is on a civilized level.
- Mobile Test: Mobile casino expansion has tremendously increased in the past years, and we check if there are any issues with casino apps. Besides the user-friendliness, we also pay attention if the range of functionalities and games matches the desktop version.
- Payout Test: Since it is a very sensitive part of any online casino, we pay extra attention to transaction processes. We put on test the process timeline and check if there are any fees imposed.
- Support Test via all Channels: To check if customer service will respond promptly and competently, we submit a test request. This way, we can quickly get the results we need for our test.
The Winners in Different Categories
|Field||Operator||Result||Rating||Total offer Review|
|Biggest Bonus||$7500||very good||Review|
|Blackjack Games||58%||very good||Review|
|Video Poker Games||40%||very good||Review|
Online Casino: Frequently Asked & Answered
We are sure there are many more questions about online casinos New Zealand you want to ask. But, we are here to provide all the answers before you make the first visit to an online casino. Dip into our FAQ section as we organized it by topics.
What are the different Casino Games in an Online Casino?
Online casino NZ players can enjoy a wide range of different games. They are usually split into three major categories:
- Table games
- Card games
Pokies are the most dominant in any online casino's offer, as it can feature hundreds of titles. Table games are casino classics, and there you will find games like roulette and blackjack. There might be a little bit of confusion regarding differences between the table and card games, and blackjack is a typical example.
Although it consists of games from some of the above categories, live casinos can be considered separate categories. Game results are not based on a random number generator, and that is the major difference between the games we have already mentioned.
What are the Payout Rates for typical Casino Games?
In our tests, you will often come across the term "Return to Player" or its abbreviation RTP. It is a value expressed in percentages that indicates how much a player can potentially get on a $100 stake. You can also consider it as a house edge.
Let's take an example. If a pokie machine has an RTP of 96.27%, it means that a machine will pay out 96.27% on the player's $100 stake. Of course, this doesn't mean that you will win $96.27 on every $100 stake, as this is an average figure.
Different games also have a different RTP. For example, some table games have a very high RTP, which can be even higher than 99%. That is the case with some poker and blackjack types. On the other hand, some pokies games can go below 90%.
Which Pokies have the best Payout Rates (RTP)?
This is not an easy question since RTP is not set fixed. Unlike some other games where RTP does not change as long as there are no new rules, this figure for pokies can vary. These are the three slots that currently have the highest RTP.
- Ugga Bugga: Ugga Bugga pokie offers an RTP rate of 99.07%, which is extremely high for this type of casino game. PlayTech developed this slot game that features an unusual principle. You play with ten packs of three, based on a payline. After playing the symbol that is fixed for all three packs, the pokie machine runs the remaining rows.
- Mega Joker: This game developed by NetEnt is based on classic fruit pokies. It features three reels and five paylines, while its RTP hits 99%.
- 1429 Uncharted Seas: Casino players can score high with 1429 Uncharted Seas pokie since its return to player figure goes up to 98.60%. It's also more than an average percentage, and Thunderkick developed one of the most generous slot games for players.
What are the different Casino Bonus types out there?
Customers can find many different bonus packages, and they can be split into several categories. The most basic categorization of bonuses is whether they target existing or new customers. Eligibility terms also play a role in their differentiation. Therefore, you can get some of them only after making the first deposit. On the other hand, the others' major requirement is just to sign up for an account, and these are well-known as no deposit bonuses. Another categorization addresses the promotional benefits a player can get:
- Bonus balance
- Free spins
Free spins are awarded for pokies games, while the cashback means you can get a reimbursement of lost stakes.
Should I use a Sign Up Bonus?
There is no general answer to this question, especially with yes or no. But don't get disappointed, as we will cover different aspects of this question. The bonus size shouldn't be the only factor you should consider when signing up for it. A good bonus is the one that can bring you an advantage.
Players come across very attractive offers in terms of the bonus size very often. However, bonus conditions might be so hard to meet, and you won't get any use of it. Before claiming the bonus, always check wagering requirements first. If you can meet them, then you can consider signing up for a deal. The wagering requirement multiplier varies from 20 to 40 in different casinos. Suppose you need to rollover 1,000 dollars 40 times. Sometimes, you need to rollover both the deposited and bonus amount. Eventually, if you have only a certain amount of time to complete the requirement, it is not a good deal. Even if the package is considerably lower but has reasonable wagering requirements, you should always pick it.
How do Online Live Casinos work?
Live casino is currently the closest option to the real casino atmosphere. Players can see the ball spinning in the roulette wheel or cards being shuffled. It provides a realistic experience thanks to the professional game operations. The action is caught by several cameras and streamed onto the network. You can also chat with dealers and other players, which adds a classic casino's true feeling.
What are the Games an Online Live Casino offers?
You don't need to play against random number generators in a live casino, and you can feel a unique atmosphere. That is why live casinos became so popular and an integral part of any reputable online casino. However, the quality of games depends on individual software developers.
Almost every online casino NZ works together with casino game software developers to establish the technical implementation of the game. Some of the most reputable software developers are Evolution Gaming and NetEnt. In a live casino, players can enjoy the most popular games like:
- Casino poker
Besides these, other games, such as dice games or punto banco, got their place in live casinos. They are usually classic casino games that you are already familiar with. What can be very encouraging for all players is that new ideas keep emerging, the innovation dynamic is very strong, and some games can become crowd favorites very soon.
What is the Legal Gambling Age in New Zealand?
You shouldn't be confused with the legal gambling age in New Zealand as there are two categories. It is important for casino players to know that a player needs to be 20 or older to enter a casino. The legal age bar for sports betting, lotteries, and scratch games is set slightly lower, and those players need to be at least 18 years old.
Do I have to pay Taxes in NZ on my Gambling Winnings?
Unlike some other countries, online gambling winnings are not taxed in New Zealand. Therefore, you can enjoy your favorite games as long as you want, without worrying if you need to pay taxes on winnings.
What licenses for Online Casinos are the most trusted ones?
When registering at an online casino, it is essential that it has a valid and reputable license. It ensures players that they will receive fair treatment. Licensing information can be easily checked on online casino sites. If an online casino has the Malta Gaming Authority, the Gibraltar Gambling Commission, or the UK Gambling Commission license, you can consider it as trusted.
|Organisation||Location||Certified Casinos (Examples)|
|Malta Gaming Authority||Malta||21 Casino, All Jackpot Casino, Casino Room, DreamVegas, NYSpins|
|Curacao Gaming Control Board||Curacao||Black Diamond Casino, House of Jack|
|UK Gambling Commission||United Kingdom||Casimba, Dunder, Rizk, VoodooDreams|
What Payment Methods can I use in Online Casinos?
If you want to generate some winnings from playing your favorite casino games, you need to deposit some money first. Real money casinos provide a range of payment methods that you can use for both deposits and withdrawals. The most common banking options include:
- Bank transfer
- Credit cards
- Mobile payment services
Credit cards are still very popular among players, so VISA and MasterCard should be supported. E-wallets became important as well, and you can come across Skrill or Neteller. The major convenience of using e-wallets is the fastest transaction processing time. While the bank transfer is a traditional method, mobile payment services emerge as another popular option.
Does it cost to Deposit or Withdraw Money from Online Casinos?
You should be careful when it comes to fees as it depends on an individual case. The majority of online casinos New Zeland that we tested don't impose any fees on both deposits and withdrawals. However, you can come across some fees charged by the selected payment processor. Therefore, it is always recommended to check the payment guidelines carefully.
Should I register at more than one Online Casino?
The answer to this question depends on your readiness to manage multiple accounts. It means that you need to take care of various bankrolls. If you mostly play on the go, it also means you need to download more software. On the other hand, you can take advantage of different bonus offers and have more games at your disposal.
What are the Pros of Online Casinos over Land-based Casinos?
The fact that an online casino is available 24/7 is one of the major pros. You can also count on some generous welcome bonus, which is not the case with land-based casinos. You can quickly switch games in online casinos, as they are just one click away from you. Also, you don't need to worry about the dress code since you can enjoy the action from your home.
What Online Casino Strategies should I use to lose less money?
Every player should know that no strategy can guarantee payouts. They may be useful for reducing the risk of losing and minimizing the house advantage. The strategy you have in mind should fit the selected game, as they are not universal.