Online Pokies Casinos: Favorites of Casino Crusher
The number of online pokies on offer at a particular casino doesn’t necessarily determine the casino’s quality. Several aspects need to be taken into consideration, and it is essential that you sign up at the right casino. The most important is that an online casino suits your gaming preferences. Therefore, you should take a look at these factors when deciding where to register for an account:
- Number of Slots: The selection of pokies is not the same in every casino. At some, you can find hundreds of pokies, while in others, there is just a limited selection of titles. If you want to have a wide range of themes at your disposal, and a vast selection, then the number of pokies NZ is very important.
- Selection of Software Provider: Even if you find the same titles but launched by different software developers, the gaming experience might not be the same. Some providers tend to introduce fancy graphics and sound effects, while others stick to classic concepts. You can definitely benefit from a wide selection of software developers.
- Jackpot Slots: Every player dreams about hitting a huge jackpot. Naturally, customers tend to give advantage to those casinos that offer a good selection of jackpot pokies.
- Demo Mode: If you just want to play online pokies NZ without any risk involved, you can take advantage of a demo mode. A good casino should offer quite a good range of those, and you can play without risking hard-earned money.
- Online Pokies Casinos: Favorites of Casino Crusher
- Top 3 Online Pokies Casinos in Detail
- Are there Special Casino Bonuses for Pokies?
- What are Progressive Jackpots?
- Top 10 Online Pokies that Payout the Most (RTP)
- What are the Biggest Pokies Software Providers?
- How do Online Pokies Work?
- Online Pokies: Top 5 FAQ for our Casino Crushers
Top 3 Online Pokies Casinos in Detail
Are you wondering which online casinos you should play pokies at? These are our top 3 picks for best online casinos for pokies players:
- Dunder Casino: With more than 2500 pokies from some of the world’s leading software developers, Dunder Casino offers a reliable and safe atmosphere to play your favorite games at. You can choose from a massive number of slots and each of them lets you play for free or real money as you choose. A generous welcome bonus worth NZD 600 is available for all new players and pokies aficionados get to claim an additional 200 free spins to use at their favorite machines and try their luck without any risk.
- Jackpot Village: If you are looking to chase some jackpots, what better place than Jackpot Village. The online casino is fully licensed and secure to play at, and it offers well over 2000 pokies for you to browse through. With games of all sorts offered and a great 200% welcome bonus that turns small deposits into substantial amounts to play with, Jackpot Village is an amazing place for newcomers to online casinos and those looking to push their luck and try to go for glory.
- Royal Panda: While Royal Panda does offer slightly fewer pokies than the other two options we recommend, their bonus of NZD 1.000 may be just right for those looking to make a more substantial deposit. Almost 1.800 slot machines are still available, and all the top games from the likes of Microgaming and NetEnt are right there for your pleasure. Sign up with Royal Panda to claim this massive bonus and look for your lucky spin in one of the available machines.
Are there Special Casino Bonuses for Pokies?
Since the online casino market competition is huge, operators want to attract as many new customers as possible. One of the best ways of drawing customers’ attention is by offering tempting casino bonuses. Ideally, it should lead the new player to sign up for an account and make a deposit. On the other hand, the player can get a reward in bonus money or free spins. You can find very often these two bonus forms combined.
These bonuses are perfect for playing pokies, and it is because you need to meet certain conditions before being able to withdraw the bonus money. Of course, online casinos don’t want to credit your account with some funds and let you empty the account without playing any game. Often, players need to meet wagering requirements, meaning that you need to wager bonus money several dozens of times. It is usually between 20 and 40, but the stakes don’t have the same weight for every game.
This is where pokies come on the stage. Pokies’ stake is 100% calculated in the wagering requirements, while for other casino games, such as blackjack or roulette, it’s much different. Stakes in some games weigh just 10% in playthrough requirements, and if you stick to those, you can hardly clear your bonus funds.
On the other hand, you can also get some bonuses without having to deposit funds or get free spins, which every pokies fan likes.
What are Progressive Jackpots?
A progressive jackpot is a slot that has a steadily increasing jackpot. Every player who tries his luck at progressive jackpot pokies pays a certain amount into this jackpot with every bet. In mathematics, progressive stands for an increase, either continuously or in a certain ratio. Therefore, a progressive jackpot will always increase, more if a large number of players are using the slot and less if it is not used very often. While in roulette or poker, only a certain multiplier can be won on your stake – in roulette, for example, this is a maximum of 35 times – the limit with the progressive jackpot is just heaven.
A regular jackpot usually has an amount set by the casino in the pot: be it $5,000 or $20,000. No matter how popular or unpopular the pokie is, the maximum profit always remains the same. Progressive jackpots are rising steadily, and not only the sum increases with many players, but also the chance. The more players use a slot, the higher the probability that the jackpot will also fall.
The Biggest Jackpots of All Time
- €18,915,721 at Mega Moolah: The biggest jackpot of all time is one million above the second one on this list. It was cleared on 28.09.2018.
- €17,861,813.00 at Mega Fortune: A player from Finland hit the second-biggest jackpot of all time. This NetEnt progressive jackpot brought almost 18 million euros to the lucky winner on 20.01.2013.
- $20,057,734 at Mega Moolah: An anonymous winner cleared the third-biggest jackpot in Zodiac Casino on 30.01.2019.
- £13,212,882 at Mega Moolah: Again, Mega Moolah is on the list. A lucky soldier from the UK hit this one in a Betway casino on 06.10.2015.
- €14,679,069 at Mega Moolah: A player at Lucky Casino cleared the fifth-biggest jackpot on 17.08.2020. At the same time, it was the 67th time that the Mega Moolah progressive jackpot was hit.
Which Are the 3 Most Popular Jackpot Pokies?
Since jackpot pokies are very popular among players, we bring you the three most famous ones.
Mega Moolah is an online slot real money that regularly attracts attention in the internet gambling scene with jackpots worth millions. The largest online casino jackpot ever won was also won at this machine. This online pokie was developed by the manufacturer Microgaming, and it is structured of five reels, three rows, and 25 paylines. You can get an overview of how the scatter and the wild symbol work and how the various symbols of animals such as lion, elephant, zebra, and antelope are evaluated on the win lines, and how to start the bonus game. You can bet between 25 cents and up to $6.25 per spin.
Mega Fortune is a well-known and reputable jackpot slot from NetEnt, which is at home in many online casinos. Mega Fortune is set in the world of the rich and beautiful, and players can win attractive reel prizes and one of three jackpots of different sizes. Mega Fortune is a five-reel machine with three symbols on each reel. The number of profit lines is fixed, of which there are a total of 25. Depending on how many levels are selected and which coin value is set, the stakes per spin are between 25 cents and 50 dollars. The symbols of the machine are about wealth and luxury.
The Gladiator Jackpot Online Slot was developed and published by Playtech as an implementation of the blockbuster “Gladiator” by Ridley Scott.
Since Playtech was able to secure some rights to the film, the game symbols were modeled on the original characters. In addition to the cinematic implementation, players are offered many full features, including free spins, a wild and scatter symbol, and bonus rounds.
Top 10 Online Pokies that Payout the Most (RTP)
RTP stands for “Return to Player.” The RTP value of a casino is often referred to as the payout ratio, and it is given in percent. The figure says what percentage of his stake a player gets back on average. The higher the value, the better for the player. Since the casino always has to make a profit, a payout ratio of 100% or more is not possible.
- Ugga Bugga – up to 99.07%:The Ugga Bugga slot tops our list with the amazing return to player figure of 99.07%! This Playtech-developed pokie has the most generous return to player figure in this category of casino games. Two spins on every round make this release a very exciting one!
- Mega Joker – up to 99%: This NetEnt release offers a very generous return to player of 99.00% Mega Joker slot allows you to set your stake from 1 to 10 coins. On the other hand, the Superman mode provides you the opportunity to bet 20, 40, 100, or 200 coins per spin after hitting the Spin button. You can hit big winnings at Mega Joker since it is a progressive slot!
- Nemo’s Voyage – up to 99%: From the comparatively unknown provider, Williams Interactive comes to an adventure 20,000 Miles Under the Sea. In this pokie with an RTP of 99 %, you can follow the famous captain Nemo’s footsteps and look for treasures on the ocean floor. In addition to lots of different wild symbols, there is also a great bonus game in which legendary wins await.
- Ooh Aah Dracula – up to 99%: And the 99s club continues with a humorous take on the story of the most terrifying of all Barcrest vampires. In Ooh Aah Dracula, you play for impressive prizes on ten paylines and go on the trail of another legend.
- Jackpot 6000 – up to 98.86%: The classic slot Jackpot 6000 from NetEnt is not only by far the most popular slot in some countries but can also impress us with an RTP that still scratches at 99%.
- 1429 Uncharted Seas – up to 98.60%: The 1429 Uncharted Seas slot is a five-reel pokie with 25 paylines. The return to player goes up to a generous 98.60%, and Thunderkick software provides stands behind this release. It provides a great gaming experience thanks to special symbols like mermaids, ships, stars, moon, and sun.
- Blood Suckers – up to 98%: Another classic from NetEnt that inspires with a high payout ratio. This five-reel slot offers 25 paylines. Thematically it is about vampires. The gruesome-creepy pleasure ensures good you can get online pokies real money.
- Jokerizer – up to 98%: Yggdrasil Gaming runs the five-reel Jokerizer slot, which RTP figure goes up to a staggering 98.00%. This pokie offers ten paylines and features a very colorful playset with sparkling symbols. Players can also trigger the Joker Mystery Bonus after landing at least three scatter symbols on reels 2, 3, and 4.
- Good Girl Bad Girl – up to 97.80%: This pokie has five reels, 15 paylines, and its return to player goes up to 97.80%. Betsoft stands behind this title, and it also falls into the category of progressive slots. The Good Girl Bad Girl pokie features a coin size ranges between 0.02 and 1.
- Retro Reels Extreme Heat – up to 97.5%: The last place on our list takes the classic Microgaming pokie, refreshed with modern features. Retro Reels Extreme Heat offers an RTP of up to 97.50%, along with a bonus game called Flaming Free Spin, which can be triggered with at least three scatter symbols landed simultaneously.
What are the Biggest Pokies Software Providers?
There are now many different manufacturers. Of course, some are more established, and others are still on the rise. With the boom in online casinos, in particular, the big manufacturers are repeatedly put under pressure from smaller companies that stand out for their innovative games, and new casinos in particular often rely on these developer studios. Our experts know all manufacturers, whether large or small, whether a global player or underdog. We introduce you here:
- NetEnt: NetEnt is the master of browser-based casinos. The provider recognized the potential before anyone else, and now all new online casinos are using HTML technology. Technically, the games from NetEnt are at a very high level. Loading times are almost non-existent, and therefore it is hardly surprising that many casinos already use the browser casino software from NetEnt. They have been with us for over 20 years, but only in the last few years have they really got off the ground.
- Play’n Go: The Swedish company Play’n Go is one of the most popular manufacturers of online slot machines worldwide and has published over 100 titles since 2004, which can be played in many of the best online gaming libraries. In addition to exciting and innovative online slots for the PC and mobile casinos, the arcade games from Play’n Go, such as Gemix, Troll Hunters, or Viking Runecraft, are particularly popular.
- PlayTech: Playtech has been active in the field of online casino games for over 20 years. But this is not the only focus of the provider. In addition, online bingo, poker, sports betting, and even trading are part of the repertoire. Playtech enjoys an extraordinarily good reputation in the scene and can convince with graphics and sound, particularly with every pokie. You can even find Playtech no deposit casinos.
- NextGen: NextGen is a game developer from Australia who specializes primarily in slot machines. As part of the NYX Group, NextGen is part of a company that is considered one of the most influential in the global gaming market.
- Microgaming: This manufacturer is the one with the largest number of slot games. Since they have been in the industry since 1994, they can quickly make a name for themselves and have already brought out one or two successes such as Mega Moolah or, more recently, Game of Thrones. Most of all, Microgaming is known for its jackpot games. Your jackpots are linked between each individual casino, and therefore jackpots of several million dollars are regularly paid out.
How do Online Pokies Work?
The basics of every pokie are pretty identical, however, some elements make pokies differ in terms of special features. Let’s check some of them in more detail.
- Wilds: Wilds are usually extremely valuable symbols. As a rule, wilds replace all other symbols and thus help to win. Before you start a new slot, you should look at what the wild symbol looks like in the game, and what its function is.
- Scatter: Scatter symbols are very valuable as well as wilds. Scatters usually help to activate a special slot feature. For example, if three scatters are turned simultaneously, the slot machine’s free game mode can be activated.
- Free Spins: A feature that can be found in a large number of casino slots are free spins. As the name suggests, these games are available for free – so there is no financial investment to be made. These free spins are usually activated when you spin a certain number of scatters (which we have already described above). In most cases, three simultaneously activated scatters are necessary to start the free spins feature.
- Paylines: This is probably the most popular variant of how you can win at slot machines. A gaming machine office has a different number of so-called profit lines. A payline is a horizontal line that is laid across the slot. If you spin a certain number of identical symbols on one of these lines, a win is triggered. The number of these paylines can vary from slot to slot. Usually, the number is between five and 100 paylines. In the game instructions of each slot machine, the number of paylines is indicated. In addition, it is also specified exactly how these win lines run. The more valuable the symbols are that you spin on a payline, the higher your round winnings will be.
Online Pokies: Top 5 FAQ for our Casino Crushers
According to the RTP, the best online pokies are Ugga Bugga, Mega Joker, and Nemo’s Voyage. With these pokies, you have the biggest chance to hit some returns.
Yes, pokies are also available in free game mode. It means that you don’t have to make any deposits to be able to run and enjoy them.
Although every reputable casino has its mobile app, you don’t necessarily need to download that software. You can simply open the casino’s website in the mobile browser and run the game.
Online pokies are also available for playing on the go. They are adapted to any smartphone and tablet, and you can enjoy them while traveling to work, for example.
Pokies don’t apply any cyclical intervals, as the outcome of the game is determined by the RNG. RNG stands for Random Number Generator.